Many communities, including Paramus, will be dealing with three different Hazardous Weather Conditions announced by the National Weather Service on Tuesday.
- In effect Tuesday from 12 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Wind chill values can range from 15 to 25 below zero in Northeast New Jersey.
- In effect from Monday at 9 p.m. to Tuesday at 6 p.m.
- Winds – 25 to 35 MPH with gusts up to 50 MPH.
- “Rapidly falling temperatures will cause any residual moisture on roadways to freeze and create black ice. This will manily be an issues on secondary roadways.” Click here to read more.
What happens when temperatures drop to unusual lows? Well, things freeze of course. One big headache that can accompany the single-digit, or lower, temperatures is frozen water pipes in unheated basements and crawl spaces of homes. Click here for tips on how to prevent, or deal with, frozen pipes.